Generat Question, confirmation names
Question from R.A Olson on 9/5/2016:

When my niece received her confirmation in elementary school she choose her confirmation name to be Blessed Mother Teresa, but was told she could not do so because Mother Teresa was not a saint. My 17 year old niece was upset, but is more upset now, knowing that there is a St. Teresa of Calcutta, and she want to change her confirmation name to was she intended and what was in her heart at the time. How does she make that change happen?

Answer by Fr. Jay Toborowsky on 9/5/2016:

The change cannot happen. Like Godparents, once something has been entered into a Sacramental Register, it cannot (should not) be changed. Whoever vetoed the choice of names should have suggested simply the name Teresa. My guess is that they were put off by the "Blessed Mother" part.