Place of Mary in the church
Question from Jules on 9/4/2016:

Hello,

A friend recently asked me why we hold Mary in such high regard. I did not have complete answers and was hoping that I would get them here.

Answer by Fr. Jay Toborowsky on 9/5/2016:

Boy, you ask a lot in a small space! Probably the best thing you could study in order to explain this to your friend is to get a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (if you don't want to buy one you can read it online at the Vatican Website - www.vatican.va.

All the paragraphs in the Catechism are numbered. Look at paragraphs 487-511for the Church's teachings on Mary. That should give you a nice base to build upon.