The Holy Mass
Question from Arline on 9/5/2016:

I am unable to attend daily or Sunday Mass or go to confession at this time. However I watch the daily Mass on EWTN and as well say several Roaaries daily. I love God with all my heart and soul. My question is: even though I cannot attend Mass in person an receive Holy Communion, does one still receive any grace by watching the daily Mass on television devoutly and reverently? I hope to be be able to return to in person Mass, but right now I am primary caregiver for my disabled husband and I also work full time. Thank you and God bless you.

Answer by Fr. Jay Toborowsky on 9/5/2016:

Certainly one receives graces by watching Mass with devotion (meaning you're not watching Mass and doing a crossword puzzle at the same time or something like that). Now, obviously it's not the same intensity of graces as one would get by actually going to Mass and receiving Holy Communion, but certainly God knows your desire and the pressing needs to care for your husband. I'm sure the Lord appreciates your desire and the effort you put in to see Mass as you are able.