My son won't baptize his children
Question from Diana on 6/19/2017:

My Son has stated he refuses to baptize his children. They're 22 months and 3 weeks old. His argument is if God is perfect and all knowing why did he punish Adam , Eve and all of humanity when he knew that she would listen to the snake. I'm a convert of 24 years and I don't have the answer for him. Please educate us both. Thank you.

Answer by David Gregson on 6/21/2017:

The fact that God knew Adam would sin, didn't dispense Adam from the guilt of his free choice. God's foreknowledge didn't compel him to sin. As to why God allowed it, the early Church surmised that Adam's sin was permitted as a "happy fault," since it would give occasion for the coming of the Redeemer. God said to the serpent (Satan), "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed (Christ); he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" (Gen 3:15).

It's true, if Adam had never sinned, his descendants wouldn't have suffered the effects of original sin. But those effects are remedied, beginning with Baptism, through the saving work of Christ. Baptism doesn't remove all the effects of Adam's fall, but it starts the Christian on the road to full recovery, culminating in the glories of heaven. These glories were won for us by Christ, who perhaps wouldn't have come to save us had Adam not fallen.