General Questions
Question from CM on 10/17/2017:

My husband is a revert to the faith and is misguided on some points. There are many examples, but he will not eat in Indian or Asian restaurants that have statutes of their idols as he says that by virtue of eating there, one is worshiping a false god. Also, the concept of religious freedom is lost to him. He does not acknowledge other faiths and frowns upon inter- religious dialogue. He has not read Redemptoris Misio. How can I help guide him on this issue?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the best source for simple teaching on questions like your husband's.

See this link to the Catechism: http://scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

On the subject of idolatry, which is what he is referring to you can search the term and read what is and is not considered a form of idolatry.

Judie