Doctrine
Question from jenny may on 11/9/2017:

I am a catholic who decided to leave the church for awhile,because I thought things to me were not quite right.I wanted to find loving,uncaring people in church but also orthodoxy.When I first attended the church I had charismatic people coming in my life.I have felt the charismatic movement to be very questionable.I felt controlled by their doctrine,they said I had demons in me.They quite often got caught up in that.I also felt I were not seeing me as an individual person with feelings and emotions.They to me were very over bearing and dogmatic,concrete thinking,they never questioned whether or not they can be hearing the voice of God or not,they seemed to feel that they just knew the voice of God and could work in his divine authority.To be totally honest I found that they were very arrogant,unloving and judgemental toward me.I now just want a quite faith,to myself and to know Jesus Christ and who is to me on a very one on one bases.I have researched deeply into the origins of the whole charismatic movement,what I found has conviced me the movement is not of the Lord or true Christianity.I have struggled a lot with my faith in God and really just want sound doctrine in my personal walk with God,can you help me at all?

Answer by David Gregson on 12/20/2017:

The charismatic movement is a mixed bag. There are charismatics who are faithful Catholics. Others are not. Since you have had a bad experience with the movement, I suggest that you steer clear of it for a time. But you need to return to your parish, or else find another parish,wherever you feel comfortable, where you can receive the sacraments. You can't expect to grow in your closeness to the Lord without the means of grace He has provided. Go to confession so you can receive Holy Communion.

As for sound doctrine, the solution is obvious. Watch EWTN. There you won't see or hear anything that doesn't conform to the teaching of the Catholic Church.