re:For Judie and Karen "Man and Woman"
Question from karen on 2/24/2018:

Dear Ms Brown:

Your response to my heartfelt concerns of how girls and women have and continue to be mistreated, and encouraged to endure in silence was dismissive. I was never a girl scout and I am in no way affiliated with the organization. So I tried to figure out why such opposition was expressed. I looked up their positions on abortion and Planned Parenthood. According to the Girls Scouts website:

What is Girl Scouts of the USA's position regarding human sexuality, birth control, and abortion?

"Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) does not take a position or develop materials on these issues. We feel our role is to help girls develop self- confidence and good decision-making skills that will help them make wise choices in all areas of their lives.

Parents or guardians make all decisions regarding program participation that may be of a sensitive nature. Consistent with that belief, GSUSA directs councils, including volunteer leaders, to get written parental permission for any locally planned program that could be considered sensitive."

Does GSUSA have a relationship with Planned Parenthood?

"No, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood."

I believe girls should be encouraged to live up to their potential. As far as I can see that is all G(o-getter) I(nnovator) R(isk-taker) L(eader) Power means. For the life of me, I can not understand what is objectionable about this.

Is it your position that girls should not study to become doctors, engineers, carpenters, inventors, mathematicians, politicians, truck drivers, or anything else they may want?

I believe girls and women should be encouraged to refuse to accept meekly the harassment, humiliation, assaults, and discrimination to which they continue to be subject. They are bombarded with messages that they are less than, they exist to serve the desires of men. They are demeaned, groped, beaten and raped by those who perceive women as property over which they have license to do as they please. For generations males have been taught they have dominion over all, including females.

Until that changes, and females stand up for themselves, girls and women will continue to be abused.

Feminism is defined as the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. I should have the right to walk down the street or perform my work unaccosted. I should have the same opportunity as anyone else to pursue any career that interests me and without being expected to perform sexual favors.

I don't understand what you think is wrong with that view.

My response to you was not at all dismissive but was based on fact. As will see from the following the website is one thing but actions are far different.

During a recent radio program we learned from someone who was being interviewed that each year, each girl at any level of the Girl Scouts completes a registration form and pays $25. The full $25 is then sent directly to the Girl Scout USA national office. The GSUSA records indicate there are 2.6 million girl scouts registered in this country.

And what is done with this money? Well here are a few examples:

Promotion fo attendance at the 2018 pro-abortion Woman's March

Marketing of the Girl Scouts’ curriculum for girls, sold and promoted by every local Girl Scout council which recommends pro-abortion role models/organizations such as Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary Clinton, Amnesty Intl., Population Council, ACLU, and National Organization For Women.

GSUSA has confirmed that there is nothing wrong with local Girl Scout councils cooperating with or collaborating with Planned Parenthood

In 2017 one Girl Scout council promoted Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger as a woman to be emulated. eugenicist-margaret-sanger-is-one-of-the-most

And the list goes on. But I will agree with you that girls should be learning how to respect themselves, recognize the dignity of the human person and build character based on truth including biblical truth. Yes, girls and boys are bombarded with messages that are deleterious to their well being as young, formative human beings but it would be far better to work on eradicating the evil sources of such messaging rather than defending an organization that has not proven to be trustworthy.

Let's focus on female characteristics that align with the one true heroine of women, Mary the mother of God.