TOMS Shoes
Question from Judy on 11/19/2013:

Hi Mrs. Brown,

I am writing in regard to the question concerning the Tom shoe company. I may have misunderstood the article, but it was my understanding the company founder actually apologized for speaking at the Focus on the Family meeting. In fact, he stated that if he had known what the organization stood for, he would never have accepted the invitation to speak! If I am correct, I don't think I would support this company. While they do good work giving shoes to those without, they "caved" to the liberal groups. Very sad. I don't think their shoes look all that comfy anyway :)

Thanks for all your hard work for the unborn and for defending the faith. We need more people like you! May God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving and Christmas season.

Dear Judy

What Mycoskie actually said AFTER he spoke at the Focus on the Family event is this:

"Had I known the full extent of Focus on the Family's beliefs, I would not have accepted the invitation to speak at their event," he told Jezebel. "It was an oversight on my part and the company's part and one we regret. In the last 18 months we have presented at over 70 different engagements and we do our best to make sure we choose our engagements wisely, on this one we chose poorly."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/toms-shoes-distances-focus- family-founder-blake-mycoskie-apologizes-blunder-article-1.161480#ixzz2miKQOiR6

This is a politically designed comment designed to diffuse the enemy. Not so sure this means he is a bad guy. I have seen Catholic Bishops do the same type of soft-shoe dance with the media.