CRS
Question from Jonathan on 7/22/2013:

Judy,

I referred Msgr. Kerrigan to the article you told me about; his reply to it is below.

At this point, I think we can see where this is going. I’m at my wit’s end; any ideas? Please note that I am no longer giving money to Operation Rice Bowl.

Sincerely in Christ,

Jonathan

From: KERRIGAN [mailto:jkerrigan@ccsolidarity.org] Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:58 PM To: Jonathan Schwarz Subject: Re: CRS Rice Bowl

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. I read the opinion piece and disagree with her commentary, finding it quite biased.

If you are interested in the work of CRS, and would like to be assured that donations to CRS Rice Bowl are in line with Catholic doctrine, note that 25% of donations each year stay in the local diocese for use in food security programs. I can show you some grant recipients in the past (i.e. food pantries, community gardens), and, having seen for yourself, you could donate to them, if you'd like. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to follow up on this invitation.

Blessings, Msgr. Joseph Kerrigan

It is interesting, Jonathon, that Msgr. Kerrigan has no facts to support his contention that our expose is questionable and thus he calls it "biased." The truth is all around us and this article was just published yesterday: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=18578

This article says it all ... government grants are keeping CRS going. That is the problem!

CRS is bad to the bone; too bad the Msgr. is not willing to do his own research. I am no sure what further action you could take regarding educating him but surely you should be praying for him.