baptism
Question from John Mattei on 7/19/2013:

Now the Church must fight whole heartily for the unborn. I am thinking that we should have a more vivid showing that life begins at conception. I read at the feast of John the Baptist that he received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Elisabeth that is prior to his birth from his mother. So we know that from conception he was a person both, body and soul. So I think that if he was baptized prior to natural birth from the womb that we should baptize our children in the womb of their mother. This will be a strong statement of human life at conception. And why not give the armament of the Holy Spirit to that soul that is already in the physical body that is trapped in Original Sin? Then after the child is born from the mother and after the 7th day present and anoint that person before the Church and celebrate their full arrival in to the body of Christ? I believe this desire is good and that Baptism in the Mother will speak to the world the beauty of life and give the child a head start in the battle from sin to the full union with the Holy Trinity.

John

Very good ideas. The feast of the Annunciation (March 25) is also an excellent opportunity to focus on the humanity of every child, created in the image and likeness of God

Judie