The Maleness of Christ
Question from Clinton C. Somerton on 12/29/2012:

Dear Mr. Donovan,

The Peace of Christ to you!

I have a question relating to the maleness of Christ:

Since Jesus Christ took on human nature in the flesh of a male, choosing to reveal Himself as a male baby, growing into a boy and then an adult male, suffering crucifixion as a male, rising from the dead as a male, and ascending into Heaven as a male, it seems to me that a male He is.

Now that His sacred humanity has been taken up into the very life and substance of God, I expect that, after my death, I'll encounter a male Christ -- not a female or androgenous Being -- when I "see Him as He is". I would be very grateful if you could comment on this, please.

Many thanks!

Clinton (Toronto, Canada)

Dear Clinton, (I'm Dr. Geraghty)

You are quite right. Christ will be a male and the Blessed Mother will be a female.

Dr, Geraghty