Condoning gay marriage
Question from C.R. on 5/30/2014:

My state recently permitted gay marriage. Part of my job is to reserve town facilities for weddings. There are others in the office who are willing to do it but my boss says "It's the law, so you'll do it!" I don't feel I should have to compromise my beliefs by reserving a wedding venue for a gay couple, thus making it look like I condone gay marriage. I'm well-known in this town. Must it come down to my job or my faith? Do I have any other options?

C.R.--

I'd have advised not saying anything that would have antagonized your boss into issuing an ultimatum, but now that you evidently have done so, your options are more limited. You can either refuse the ultimatum and start looking for other work, or you can consider that you are reserving town facilities for "events" (not "weddings") and refer to all celebrations you book at these facilities as "events." If anyone gives you a hard time for doing the best you can under difficult circumstances, you can smile politely and invite them to walk in your shoes for a while.

As a side note, you may also wish to consult with an employment lawyer for information on your legal rights, and to discuss the moral aspects of this conundrum with your pastor.