Ostracism from family
Question from Anonymous on 5/30/2014:

My sisters and I are cradle Catholics. They rarely go to Mass and over past many months I have encouraged them to attend and possibly learn more about our faith, especially since the death of a nephew. I truly think they just do not know the beauty and truth of the faith. They are very resistant and state that they have their own personal beliefs in God and do not need church and it is their business and that I am trying to control them.

This has caused a disruption and conflict in family and unfortunately I now feel alienated and ostracized by them and their families and although saddened, I actually do not wish to communicate or be with them as much anymore (I still wish them well). Any advice?

I think maybe I should never have started topic of religion, yet they were raised Catholic so I sincerely believed they would welcome some inspiring videos of Fr. Robert Barron. My sister who lost her adult son even declined these as a gift, saying to give them to someone who would appreciate them as much as I do. She went to see a psychic who of course "communicated" to her about her son in a positive way. I did tell her this is not authentic and clearly wrong and ultimately not in her best interests.

Anonymous--

Recommended reading:

An Appropriate Time and Place by Michelle Arnold