Relics through the mail
Question from Mary on 2/19/2014:

I have received many relics through the mail lately, from charitable organizations. Today I received a relic of St. Anthony and the literature says it is blessed. I thought it was wrong to send blessed items in the mail. Also, I don't know what to do with all of these if I don't want them. What is the proper way to deal with this? I don't want to be sacrilegious or irreverent.

Mary--

So far as I know, there is nothing that prohibits mailing relics, although there is a risk that those that are mass-mailed will be thrown away by people not knowing what they are. My guess is that you are receiving little pieces of cloth that have been touched to relics and then attached to prayer cards. I recommend leaving any you don't want in an adoration chapel for people who come in to pray, and then writing to these groups to ask that your name be taken off their mailing list.