Attending a homosexual wedding
Question from Mary on 6/18/2014:

Our 35-year-old son called us to inform us that he is getting married to another man. My husband and I are in disagreement. He says he is going to attend the wedding because this is his son. I say I cannot because it would be a mockery to our God. I am more concerned for my son's behavior and ultimately his salvation. Is it wrong to attend a homosexual wedding that neither of us believe in?

Mary--

If your husband does not "believe in" homosexual marriage, why is he attending this "wedding"? If his answer is that it is because "This is my son," then does he also intend to collaborate in other sins your son chooses to commit, rather than challenge him to repent and repair his life?

That said, you cannot force your husband not to attend this event. All you can do is to make clear your own position and stand by your decision not to attend. I urge you both not to allow your son's choices and actions to destroy the peace in your own marriage. Respect each other's right to make his or her own choice, and seek to avoid any kind of unjust coercion (as distinguished from respectful persuasion) intended as a means of manipulating the other person's conscience.