Rosary before Mass
Question from Brenda on 3/9/2014:

There is a group of us who pray the rosary in church just before Mass. Recently, a fellow-parishioner told me that this should not be done in church right before Mass as this should be a time for private prayer and meditation. I had not looked at it this way before. He said that the rosary should either be said outside of the sanctuary or early enough that people would still have quiet time before Mass begins.

What is your opinion on this?

Brenda--

I agree that congregants should be able to have some quiet time for prayer and meditation before Mass begins. I recently heard from a lady who was also dismayed that she had no way to pray her own prayers before Mass because the noise from the group rosary was too distracting.