Secular wedding
Question from M.W. on 8/1/2014:

Our daughter, against our advice and pleading, has dated and now plans to marry outside the Church to a divorced Catholic who will not seek an annulment. I was taught that this is adultery. It is my understanding that as Catholics we are not to attend as it would show approval of her act. Is this correct?

M.W.--

If your daughter has shown so little respect for you and for the religious upbringing that you tried to give her that she plans to marry a divorced Catholic outside the Church "against [your] advice and pleading," then it would seem to me that the only thing you can now do is to show her that her choices have consequences. Given the circumstances you have related, if the choice were mine to make, I could not only not attend the wedding but would have to refuse to have anything to do with it (including paying for any part of it, or its associated celebrations).

Recommended reading:

To Attend, or Not to Attend by Michelle Arnold