Saint Michael
Question from Angelica Rodriguez Renegar on 1/3/2013:

Who was Saint Michael the Arch Angel before he became known as Saint Michael Arch Angel,Arch Angel Saint Michael? Did we know of him before the battle? When is the first mention of him? How was he introduced to us? Sincerely, Angelica

Here is a link to a great article in the classic Catholic Encyclopedia:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10275b.htm

By the way, I have reintroduced the prayer to St. Michael into all my parish Masses. At the very end of Mass, we all kneel down and recite the great prayer originally directed for recitation by Pope Leo XIII, after his mystical vision of Satan being granted permission to assualt the Church for 100 years. Unfortunately the Church droppped this universal practice in the 60's, and we have seen all the devastation ever since...

Thanks, Angelica (great name!)