St. Francis
Question from Robin Stehen Gregry Mills on 11/9/2012:

Our Priest read a poem attributed to St. Francis can you please provide more information for me.

Thank You

The most famous prayers attributed to him is as follows:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------