Gluten Free hosts
Question from mjg on 4/11/2013:

Howdy, I asked this question a few weeks ago in another Forum but haven't received an answer. Hope you don't mind my asking in this Forum. What is the status of gluten free Hosts? I saw an announcement in a local bulletin that gluten free hosts are available and please let the priest know before Mass, and a GF host will be made available to you at communion. I thought the items to be consecrated had to a certain matter (i.e., wheat). So couldn't the GF issue be resolved by receiving Communion under the Precious Blood?

mjg

Here is the article issued by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops on gluten and the host: http://www.catholicceliacs.org/Bishops.html

In my parish, people with celiac disease receive the wine (the blood of Christ) and not the host.