HHS Mandate
Question from Hannah on 11/20/2012:

Mrs. Judie,

I have a question about the HHS Mandate. If we fail to comply with the Mandate and we will have too if we're true Catholics, does the Government have the power to put us in jail? And how and what would that entail? I know institutions will have to pay large fines and all, but what happens when they don't have the money? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of all this. We all need to pray for Courage. Persecution is imminent and all Catholics need to understand this fully. Thank you for your help, Mrs. Judie. And Happy Thanksgiving!

Hannah

My sense is that the Bishops will lead all of us and we will not comply, which we hope forces the government to end its strong arm tactics. Here is the quote from the Bishops:

: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/11/12/bishop-catholic-church-will-defy-obama-abortion- hhs-mandate/

“It is a sobering thing to contemplate our government enacting an unjust law. An unjust law cannot be obeyed. In the face of an unjust law, an accommodation is not to be sought, especially by resorting to equivocal words and deceptive practices. If we face today the prospect of unjust laws, then Catholics in America, in solidarity with our fellow citizens, must have the courage not to obey them. No American desires this. No Catholic welcomes it. But if it should fall upon us, we must discharge it as a duty of citizenship and an obligation of faith.”