leaving catholic church to become sda
Question from jane on 1/11/2014:

My husband insists that I attend the sda church with him since he left the catholic church. I feel like there is no real marriage left. He constantly makes sarcastic remarks about Catholicism. Is a separation allowed in a situation like this? I love the church too much to leave it just to keep this so-called marriage together. Thank you for your help.

Dear Jame,

The Church allows a separation in a case like this. But if the original marriage was a valid Catholic marriage, the Church does not allow remarriage. As you can see, you are in a difficult situation. Does your husband know how strongly feel about not leaving the Church? And why don't you talk with a priest about this. Are any children involved. I'll pray for you and you pray for yourself so you get more light and guidance on this difficult situation.