Confession
Question from Anon on 12/25/2013:

Dr.,

I have a question as to if I made a valid confession. I confessed to lying at work to keep my self and co workers out of trouble. The priest absolved me and I felt forgiven after I walked out of the confessional. Thinking more into it later, maybe a couple weeks later, I thought of the nature of the lie. Part of what I lied about was blaming someone else for something they did not do. Do I need to confess again. I was and am truly sorry for what I did. My intention at confession was to make a good confession. Thanks You.

Dear Anon,

You have been forgiven that sin. But it would do no harm to mention it again to the priest, thus showing that you have more insight into the nature of that sin.