Matthew 16 verse 19
Question from Denise Manoni-Smith on 9/9/2009:

I am taking Bible Study and we were discussing the above verse and it's meaning. Could you please explain to me the true meaning of this verse: "Whatever you bind on earth is bound in Heaven and whatever you loose on earth is loosed in Heaven"?

My family and I watch EWTN all the time, and you are all in our Prayers, especially Mother Angelica.

God Bless you all and Thank you. Sincerely, Denise Manoni-Smith

Answer by Fr. John Trigilio on 9/17/2010:

This is the Scriptural basis for the Catholic doctrine of Papal Infallibility. The Pope has full, supreme, immediate and universal authority to govern the Church all over the world AND he is infallible on matters of faith and morals when he speaks EX CATHEDRA.