Re: Jesus, Son of God
Question from Don on 12/12/2012:

Father. I truly believe that there are many Catholics who do not know the correct answer to the following question: Who was the biological father of Jesus? The answer is: God, through the Holy Spirit. Knowing that, then they can understand how Jesus is the Son of God.

I do have a problem with using the word "biological" since that regards physical, natural generation. How about this: the offspring of a parent is of the same nature or species. A man produces a human being, a monkey a monkey, a dog a dog, a cat a cat. By analogy, since Jesus is the Son of God--eternally begotten of the Father--it follows that He is of the divine nature as well. You are probably correct, however, that many Catholics do not get it, having been poorly instructed or never instructed.

Thanks, Don