rosary before mass
Question from michele on 1/15/2013:

can you shed some light into the practice of praying the rosary as a congregation before mass. Isnt that a time to be silent and prepare for the Holy Scrifice of the Mass?

I personally like the Rosary prior to Mass. In one of my churches they recite the entire Rosary; in the other I introduced a decade prior to Mass as well. There is no liturgical prescription that I am aware of in this regard but the Rosary has an emminent place in the prayer life of the Church, as the Mass does sacramentally. You may wish to resubmit this question to the expert in Liturgy as well. Rmember, God is pleased when His Mother is invoked and honored. The Mass is a public act and in this case the Rosary as well, so it seems they go well together.

Thanks, Michele