Non-Catholic burial
Question from Cheryl on 6/2/2013:

My husband is not Catholic, I am. We are going to be cremated. When my husband dies, can we have a Mass with his remains at the church?

Cheryl--

If your husband is a baptized Christian, your bishop can allow for a funeral Mass to be offered. (If he is not baptized, the bishop can allow for a Catholic funeral liturgy outside of Mass.) But why would a non-Catholic want to plan for a Catholic funeral? If your husband is that interested in Catholic services for his death, perhaps he should be looking into becoming a Catholic now. If he is not at all interested, and it is instead you who want him to be buried according to Catholic ritual, perhaps you should consider focusing on asking him what kind of funeral arrangements he prefers.