Abortion & politicians
Question from Nancy Emmons on 9/24/2013:

If I miss Mass why do I feel I must go to Confession before receiving Communion when so many pro-abortion politicians flaunt there position in my face by receiving Holy Communion.

What other sins are excusable because one is politically powerful.

This kind of makes a mockery of what the Church really believes.l

Nancy

You have a conscience and understand that Christ is truly present in the Eucharist and that we, all of us poor sinners, should never receive Him in the Eucharist until we have repented of the sins we have committed.

Pro-abortion Catholic politicians and others of the same persuasion in public life deceive only themselves; God knows and He is just. One day such people will be held accountable by God and judged by Him as well.

As far as I am concerned, it is many of the Bishops who are making a mockery of the Church by their inaction, inability to teach truth and fear of offending powerful people. They too have to one day face God.