In reponse to "condoms."
Question from louise on 3/31/2014:

You recently sited this source: http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm ?recnum=6509, in response to Iroy's post about AIDS/condom use. I read through the document, and came across something that troubles me: "The worse news is that Catholic sex-ed programs are just as dangerous to your child’s moral health as secular ones. . .in total contradiction to the traditional Catholic teaching that instructing children in sexual matters is the right and duty of the parents." What is sad is that many Catholic parents, including my own, never practiced this "right and duty." In fact, they refused. For me, a classroom "Chastity Education" program was all that I had. . .

Louise

You have hit the nail on the head. The sad fact is that parents today who are Catholic were NEVER catechized at all in the actual teaching of the Church. Imagine this: Pope John Paul II wrote Familiaris Consortio which is all about the family and parental authority in 1981 and to this day the United States Catholic Bishops have NEVER required that the principles in that document be taught through sermons and other means.

Thus your parents did not know any better. The Bishops have failed you, my children and my grandchildren. Pray for everyone involved and do your part to break the cycle of ignorance. The Truth sets us free.