Correcting Others?
Question from Anon on 01-07-2013:

I have an exchange student who is currently living with my family. She is Catholic. For the longest time, she didn't receive Communion at Sunday Mass at all. Then, before Christmas she went to confession and began receiving again. However, she missed Mass on Jan. 1st - the Solemnity of Mary - which was a Holy Day of Obligation. My family told her multiple times that it was a holy Day of Obligation, but she made other plans anyway. This past Sunday though, she received Communion at Mass again. I'm almost 100% sure that she didn't go to confession. This situation makes me so uncomfortable, because I'm not good at confronting people about things but I feel guilty going to Mass with her while she receives Communion. Do I have an obligation to say something? Or should I just leave it in God's hands and pray? It's to the point that im dreading Mass on Sunday, but I keep telling myself she is old enough to make her own decisions. Where does my responsibility lie?

Answer by Richard Geraghty on 02-28-2013:

Dear Anom,

I suppose that you are taking the place of her parents. Are you in contact with her parents? What would they say? I don't know what else to say. Any suggestions from out there are this situation?