Facebook CEO
Question from Kasandra on 02-11-2014:

Judie, It has been in the news in regards to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg's large charitable donations to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation. After doing some looking at website for the Silicon Valley Community Foundation (where his donations are going) one can see the Silicon Valley United Way as a recipient. Most prolifers are aware that the United Way supports prochoice avenues and resources. I am no moral theologian and not judging anyone else's decisions about social networking, but I have to be honest, for me there is some considering to do. will the American Life League look in to this?

Thank you and God bless, Kasandra

KASANDRA

Please note that we have already received the update on Zuckerburg's donation thanks to LIVE ACTION NEWS. HERE IT IS:

LiveActionNews

Philanthropy magazine released an article titled “A Look at the 50 Most Generous Donors of 2013.” Topping the list was Facebook CEO and co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, pediatrician Priscilla Chan. In 2013 the couple donated 18 million shares of Facebook valued at $992.2 million to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation in Mountain View, California. The couple previously donated 19 million Facebook shares to the same foundation in 2012.

The Silicon Valley Community Foundation describes its organization as a “comprehensive center of philanthropy.” They partner with donors to fund for profit and non-profit organizations around the globe. On their website you can see a list of words that describe the values of their company. The first word listed is “collaboration.” This word summarizes the work of Silicon Valley Community; they work as a middle-man between donors and companies, making it easy for donors to get their funds into organizations they support. They accept a number of assets such as real estate, stock, and mutual funds and offer their donors customized philanthropy services.

http://liveactionnews.org/facebook-ceo-zuckerberg-donates-992-2-million-to- philanthropy-fund-that-collaborates-with-planned-parenthood/